INTERNET MARKETING, POTENTIAL TO DRIVE SALES
In this modern era, it has been statistically proven that 80% of the world population is familiar with the importance of the use of internet. The use of internet has proven to help man solve a great deal of problems. As of today, the internet has become one of the most important part of our daily life, activities ranging from buying tickets, checking for information, banking, communication, shopping and many more have been made easier through the help of internet. This has led to companies in all industries developing strategies that can make them easily reach their customers and gain new ones. Strategies like internet marketing.
Internet marketing can be defined as the advertising or marketing efforts made by individuals or companies through the use of the World Wide Web to promote their goods and services, i.e. marketing of products and services through the internet. Internet marketing is a broad name for how business is done on the internet. It consists of the design, technical aspects of marketing, research, delivery systems, implementation, advertising, sales, testing and customer relations management. It is also known as online marketing,e-marketing and web marketing. A good internet marketing company will help you drive direct sales via electronic commerce through the use of the Web and email. Internet marketing and online advertising efforts are typically used in conjunction with traditional types of advertising such as radio, television, newspapers and magazines for effective results.
Forms of Internet Marketing
Internet marketing makes use of some strategies that help companies’ websites gain more traffics and more customers as a result. Such strategies include:
- Mail marketing: This involves the use of both advertising and promotional marketing efforts via e-mail messages to current and prospective customers.
- Blog/Content Marketing: This is the use or creation of a blog that allows you to consistently post new keywords and optimize your search engine strategy. In addition, your blog becomes a place where you can offer advices and share bits of information about your products and services. This creates good connection with your customers and also helps build and maintain customer relationship.
- Social Media Marketing: It involves placing of links and adverts of a company’s products and services on social networking sites such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Search Engine Optimization: Search engine marketingand optimization allows your company’s name and website to appear on a list of search engine results. With a strong SEO strategy, your website will become associated with the keywords used to find your services. This increases your chances of being the company a consumer chooses to work with when searching for a company that offers your services or products on the search engine.
- Affiliate Marketing: It involves companies partnering with other websites, individual or companies in other to gain more traffic to their site. In this process, the affiliated company will pay the company that helped send traffic to their site on a cost per click basis.
Benefits of Internet Marketing to Both Customers and Company
Internet marketing has proven to be beneficial to business owners and their customers in more than one way. Firstly, for the customer , they can compare the products and services of different firms at the comfort of their homes even before patronizing them, This is done mainly through the use of internet, they can easily access the prices of those goods they are interested in purchasing. Secondly, it allows the customers to be able to make business transactions 24hrs in day and 7 days a week. I.e. internet marketing dose not place restrictions on when a customer can transact business, it is available to use whenever the customer wants. Thirdly, it provides clear information about products produced by companies i.e. customers are able to know what the product they want to purchase is all about, at their comfort.
For business owners, it gives a company global and broader reach, i.e. companies that adopt the use of internet marketing allow access to their site by millions of users. This is possible through the use of online strategies such as mail marketing,blog/content marketing, social media marketing, pay-per-click (PPC) advertisements. The website of the company receives more traffic thereby boosting their marketing claims. The more often the site gets visited, the more profit is being made by the company, which as a matter of fact is the main goal of any business.
In like manner, internet marketing allows the company to be able to attend to millions of customers simultaneously. Once you have a good internet marketing company like Cuckhoo with efficient gadget in place to handle this, it allows your company to deliver great services to their customers without negatively influencing the satisfaction of any customer. Also, internet marketing requires no or low startup capital compared to traditional marketing which involves series of factors of production like, land, capital and labor.
Other benefits include the following:
Residual and continuity effect.
All-hour based marketing service.
Automation versus delegation.
Convenient, easy and quick service delivery.
Follow-up and after-sales relationship.
Advertising to target markets.
Instant transaction execution with digital payment service.
Customers’ data collection and personalization.
Easy tweaking & positive change to marketing and advertising campaign on the go.
Standard measure of the cause and effect.